AI agents & assistants
Assistants that answer from your own documents and data, with sources attached, and can take the next step: look up the record, draft the reply, file the result.
- RAG
- LangChain
- LangGraph
- OpenAI · Claude
Taking new projects · US & Taiwan
I'm Yufan Chen, an engineering leader and full-stack engineer. I find what's actually in the way, then build the fix into the systems you already run: AI agents and automations, mobile apps, websites and back ends — and I make sure Google and AI search can find you.
Fixed-price quotes · replies within 1–2 business days · English or 中文
Services
One owner from architecture to deployment. Specialists come in when a project needs them, and you end up owning the result.
Assistants that answer from your own documents and data, with sources attached, and can take the next step: look up the record, draft the reply, file the result.
The copy-paste loop between two systems, replaced. Internal tools, admin consoles, APIs and webhooks that connect what you already use.
iPhone, Android and Mac from one codebase, designed, built and taken all the way through App Store review.
Fast bilingual (English / 中文) sites, plus the platforms behind them: memberships, checkout, assessments and reporting.
Get found on Google and named in ChatGPT, Perplexity and Gemini answers, through technical SEO, structured data and an llms.txt layer.
A stalled build or an aging system nobody wants to touch. I find what's actually blocking it, then fix it, modernize it and get it shipped.
Selected work
Everything here is live. Open the links and try it.
Built the company's core product: a gifting widget embedded in a partner platform, letting 40 million members send and receive gifts. Also built gift.me and led its SEO / GEO.
Owned architecture, infrastructure and security for 20+ online assessments in 26 countries and up to 26 languages. Built enterprise portals for 3M and Adobe and a Salesforce integration.
A billable-time and invoicing app for lawyers and freelancers. Designed, built and shipped solo to the App Store and Mac App Store.
A social habit tracker where friends compete on streaks and points in a private leaderboard. 100+ users, built solo.
Bilingual sites and web platforms, deployed with CI/CD.
Experience
2026 – present · San Diego & Taipei
Founder & Principal Engineer
2022 – 2026
Full-Stack Engineer
2005 – 2021 · San Diego
Chief Technology Officer (2013 – 2021) · Senior Programmer · Programmer
How it works
Tell me where the work piles up or what you want built. I'll tell you straight what's in the way, and whether AI is the right tool at all.
A short written plan with what gets built, what it costs, and when it's done, quoted in one email. Larger AI projects start with a two-week pilot on your real data.
Built, tested and deployed, with permissions, logging and handover docs, so it keeps running without me. You own the code and the accounts.
About
I started as a programmer at TalentSmartEQ and finished there as CTO, running the platform behind assessments taken in 26 countries. Since then I've built a gifting widget used by 40 million people, two App Store apps of my own, and AI agents for the businesses I work with. I completed Johns Hopkins' Agentic AI certificate in 2026.
"Ship to live" is the last step of any build: shipping the code to production. It's the step most projects never reach, and the one I care about most. My job is to find what's really blocking it and get the thing running where people use it.
US work is contracted through QY LLC (San Diego); Taiwan work through 夏裕科技股份有限公司, which can issue 統一發票.
FAQ
AI agents and assistants, workflow automation and integrations, mobile apps (iPhone, Android, Mac), websites and web platforms, search visibility (SEO, AEO and GEO), and rescuing or modernizing stalled and aging projects. One person owns each project from architecture to deployment.
With a free conversation about what you need. Then you get a short written plan with a fixed price, quoted in one email. Larger AI projects usually start with a two-week pilot on one workflow, running on your real data.
Yes, and that's the most common thing I build. Your documents, policies and records become the source the assistant answers from, with citations back to the original. I scope exactly what the agent can read and do, log every action, and keep a person in the loop wherever a mistake would be costly.
SEO gets your link into Google and Bing results. AEO (answer engine optimization) gets your content into featured snippets and AI Overviews. GEO (generative engine optimization) gets your business cited in answers from ChatGPT, Perplexity and Gemini. All three rest on fast pages, clear answers, structured data and an llms.txt layer.
Yufan Chen is an engineering leader and full-stack engineer based in San Diego, California and Taipei, Taiwan, and the founder of Ship to Live. He was CTO of TalentSmartEQ, built a gifting widget used by 40 million people at Get Real Gifts, and holds a B.S. in Computer Science from UC San Diego and a Certificate in Agentic AI from Johns Hopkins.
Yes. I work in English and Traditional Chinese, from San Diego and Taipei, so US and Taiwan clients each get a workable time zone. US projects are contracted through QY LLC; Taiwan projects through 夏裕科技股份有限公司.
Contact
You don't need a spec. Describe the problem, or the part of the week that keeps eating your time, and I'll reply with what I'd do and what it would cost.